Thursday, July 7, 2011

Welcome to Tiger Rag!

Those who know me from Go-Go-Rama know I have two sports passions: the Detroit baseball team, and the Princeton Women's Ice Hockey team, both conveniently called the Tigers. I may be the only person on Earth who has this combination of favorite teams; I'm pretty sure that this the only blog that covers these two disparate topics.

This won't be any everyday blog like Go-Go-Rama. I am a dislocated fan of the Detroit Tigers, living in New Jersey, so I don't get to see them often. I follow from afar and get updates from my Dad, so I can enjoy or suffer along with Michiganders. As for Princeton, they are deep in the off-season now. When the season starts I'll post game recaps (I see every home game) and may even take a few road trips.

Princeton's latest news is that they have a new assistant coach. Jessica Link is out, and Cara Gardner Morey is in. Both were Brown graduates. Going to as many games as I do I hear stuff, but this will not be a gossip site, as it isn't fair to air dirty laundry about people. This will strictly be fan site--I'm not interested or knowledgeable to blast coaches or players.

As for Detroit, that's another matter. Those guys are pros and certainly won't give a shit as to what I have to say. Right now the are a game and a half out of first place behind the Indians, though they have played lousy, their pitching getting shredded by National League teams. They were hitting great, but the Angels cooled them off a bit. They certainly are in the hunt, though.

As the season progresses I'll offer my less than probing insights, but mostly my history with the team, which I've been following since 1969 (my first game at Tiger Stadium was a 5-0 loss to the White Sox, a shutout by the now-forgotten Gary Peters).

No comments:

Post a Comment